Vinaigrette Pasta Salad (Instant Pot instructions included!)
Welcome to my little corner of the blogging world! I’m so excited you’re here! Actually, I’m so excited that I’m here.
I thought long and hard about trying this blogging gig (READ: I spent hours trying debating what my blog name would be and finding one that wasn’t already taken. NOT. EASY).
So here I am. And here you are. And here it is!
Let’s talk food. Like, carbs. Specifically – pasta salad.
This pasta salad – it is my absolute favorite pasta salad in the entire world. It’s sweet, tangy, zippy, and just in time for warmer weather! Thank you, mom, for introducing me to this pasta heaven!
Here are your ingredients –
– white vinegar, olive oil, sugar, pasta, and salt/pepper.
First, cook your pasta. I used the instant pot for mine, but you can cook your pasta however you normally do. (Instant Pot directions: Add 1 box of pasta and 2 1/2 cups of water. Cook on manual for 4 minutes; quick release.) Drain your pasta and rinse under cold water until noodles are cool to the touch.
To make dressing: pour sugar, vinegar and oil into a mason jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Add salt and pepper and shake again. Then shake one more time for good measure. (This counts as an upper body/arm workout. Can we agree on that?)
Place cold pasta in a bowl and add any chopped veggies that you want. I’m partial to diced cucumbers and red peppers. Shaved carrots and yellow peppers are also pretty in this salad. Other people love black olives as well. We’re anti-olive in this household, but I won’t judge. 🙂
Give the mason jar one last shake and pour over the salad. Gently toss salad in dressing. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Hint: Dressing is best if made 1-2 days ahead and left to set in mason jar in refrigerator. Only pour dressing on the amount of pasta you plan to eat within 24 hours. Add dressing to remaining pasta shortly before use.
- 1 (16 oz) box pasta
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 1 c. olive oil
- 3/4 c. sugar (or slightly less, to taste)
- 1 tsp, each salt and pepper
- Optional: diced veggies (red/yellow/green pepper, cucumber, black olives, carrots, etc)
1. Cook pasta according to directions. *For Instant Pot, add pasta and 2 1/2 cups of water to the pot. Close tightly (make sure valve is turned to 'sealing'). Set to MANUAL for 4 minutes.* 2. Pour sugar, vinegar and oil into a mason jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. 3. Add salt and pepper and shake again. Adjust seasonings if needed. 4. Place cold pasta in a bowl and add chopped veggies. 5. Give dressing one last shake, then pour over pasta. 6. Toss salad gently until well coated. 7. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Hint: Dressing is best if made 1-2 days ahead and left to set in mason jar in refrigerator. Only pour dressing on the amount of pasta you plan to eat within 24 hours. Add dressing to remaining pasta shortly before use.