Brown Butter Banana Bars with Caramel Icing
My husband loves bananas. Like, really loves them. We buy them every time we go to the store, but life happens, and they never all get eaten before they get overripe. (Full disclosure: I can’t eat a banana by itself. The texture, the mushiness, it’s just…ick.)
So, I’ve learned to get creative with the leftover, overripe bananas. I’ve done banana bread, banana nut oatmeal, banana ice cream – and these banana bars. In our house, we’ve always made banana bars with a recipe that we’ve had for years from my mom’s friend. But those were the days before the glory of brown butter was fully realized, and I knew I could amp up this recipe with that delicious nutty brown butter.
These bars -guys, they are perfection. They’re moist, fluffy, soft, thick, and nutty little bites of perfection.
Or big bites.
I don’t judge.
What else do you make with your leftover/overripe bananas? I’m always looking for ideas!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)