Our Toddler Summer Bucket List
Summer is here and we are here for it! My son is a toddler this year, so I’ve put together a Summer Toddler Bucket List, full of ideas that I want to do and experience with him this summer.
Summer is here and there are a million summer activities and events happening! I’m so excited that Camden is old enough to enjoy some of them this year.
Right now, our lives are still pretty dictated by nap times. Camden is still a two-a-day napper, because he is so stinking active that he wears himself out. But in between the napping, we’ve got a big list of things he and I want to do this summer!
Summer Toddler Bucket List
1. Play at a splash pad (more than once, for sure!)
2. Go to the local pool
3. Go to Tot Time at a nearby pool
4 .Enjoy the Farmer’s Market at least a couple of times!
5. Go to a fair and ride the carousel (and maybe a few other rides too!)
6. Play at 5 different parks
7. Have a picnic lunch outside
8. Go to the drive in movie theater
9. Go hiking at Starved Rock
10. Play in our little kiddie pool at our house
11. Buy (and play on) a climbing cube for the yard
12. Go to Prairie Farm – a turn-of-the-century farm with a petting zoo
13. Go to the Zoo – ours is free on Thursdays!
14. See a movie outside downtown on the square
15. Go to Camden’s first rodeo!
16. See the hot air balloons!
17. Ride the trains at our local train depot
18. See 4th of July Fireworks (maybe on the train?!)
19. Go to the Teeny Tiny Beach Party – a party at the pool only for kids 0-5!
20. Make a water sensory bin and play with it
21. Go strawberry picking
22. Hook up the bike trailer and take bike rides together
23. Get summer pictures taken with Camden and our dog, Gwen!
24. Hang out at the library for some of the summer programming (especially the fun kid’s musicians!)
25. Go to a Touch-a-Truck event (where he’ll get to touch police cars, fire trucks and more)
26. Go to the pond and see the ducks.
So far, those are the ideas I’ve come up with. Camden is only 16 months old, so we don’t have to do anything big for him to have fun. But we live in (and near) communities with tons of things to do, and I want to take advantage of all of them!
Give me all your ideas! What else should I do with my toddler this summer? I want all the at-home ideas and places to go!